TOMATO UPMA is one of the most easily cooked and the feasible meal to have when a person is in hurry or do lack with the timings. Tomato Upma can be treated as a breakfast or as a evening snacks. Cook the Upma with the added healthy vegetables to make it one of the most nutritious meal of the day.
- Bombay Rawa – 1 cup
- Tomato – 2 Nos
- Onion – 1
- Green Chillies – 2
- Fresh ginger – a small piece
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Oil – 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Bengal gram dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Urad dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Cashew Nuts – few (optional)
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Chop onion, ginger and tomatos finely. Slit green chillies lengthwise.
- In a frying pan (kadai), put a tablespoon of oil and fry the rawa till it changes its colour. Remove it and keep it.
- In the same frying pan, put the remaining oil and when it is hot, add the mustard. When it pops up, add cashew nuts and dhals and fry till it turns light brown.
- Add chopped onion, chillies, ginger and curry leaves. Fry till onions are transparent. Then add tomato pieces and fry till it mashes well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well. Add three cups of water and bring to boil. When it starts boiling, slowly add the fried rawa and stir continuously till it absorbs all the water and form like a ball.
- Serve with coconut chutney or sambar.
Nutrient Value per serving (serves 3)
|Energy (Kcal)||CHO (gm)||Protein (gm)||Fat (gm)|