For , one need to follow a proper diet and exercise schedule. Do alternative workout like 3 days weight training to strengthen your muscle and 3 days high-intense cardio cum functional training. Also while cool down during the weight training include 3–4 core muscle workouts too. After your 2–3 major meals go for at least 15–20 minutes brisk walking or climb staircase. The pattern of your workout should be changed every month as your body gets habitual to one kind of workout.
Secondly, take small and frequent meals with low carbohydrate, low fat, high fiber and high protein diet; i.e take more of salads, sprouts, whole fruits along with the skin, multigrain cereals instead of refined cereals like oats,millet, whole pulses, boiled egg white, steamed/roasted/grilled chicken etc.
Below are someto be kept in mind.
- One should sleep for at least 6-8 hours a day until your body feels stress-free as stress induces the production of cortisol which in turns produces enzymes supporting fat production in the body. Hence a proper sleep is very much required for maintaining your weight.
- Never skip your breakfast. Breakfast is a healthy meal to start-up your day as it gives a kick to your metabolism.
- Lunch should be moderate whereas dinner should be very light with more of protein and fiber along with home-made soups.
- Mid-meal snacks should be pre-planned and should be healthy so as to help you curb your unhealthy cravings.
- Take less sugar, salt, spices in your diet.
- Cheating a meal should be done once in a week so that you don’t crave for the unhealthy and your brain will be well-balanced.
- Don’t take fruits as a complete meal.
- detox waters, detox juices, etc. with atleast 4–5 liters of fluids in a day. One can include plain lemon water, tender coconut water, buttermilk,
- Early morning should be started with any detox water instead of taking tea or coffee.
- Avoid packaged and processed foods as much as you can.
- You need not avoid ghee at all, but avoid taking ghee more than 1–2 tsp a day (varies as per the medical conditions). Moreover fried and junk foods like pizza, burgers and anything made of refined flour is something to be restricted.
Be always a smart selector while filling up your plate.And always keep a check on how and what you eat. How it’s prepared and is it healthy or not.