KARELA SOUP is rich in vitamin C, potassium, copper, iron and fair in phosphorus, sodium, alkaline salts. It is light to digest too. It is good for diabetes, anemic person, increases the appetite,relieves anorexia, skin diseases,etc.
- 1-2 karela, chopped
- 4 large crushed tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 onions-diced
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 2 tsp dried Fenugreek
- 3 dried curry leaves
- 2 tbsp ginger- minced
- 2 green chillies-diced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- vegetable oil, salt, pepper to taste
- Saute the karela, onion, garlic and curry leaves in a large pot over medium-high heat until the veggies turn translucent.
- Add the green chilies and continue to saute for 10 minutes.
- Now add all of your dry spices.
- Remove the curry leaves and discard.
- Add crushed tomatoes.
- Add the water/vegetable stock.
- Turn up the heat to bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium and let the dish simmer for 30 minutes.