This easy chicken-and-asparagus saute is boldly seasoned with aromatic cumin and fennel; is a low-carbohydrate, gluten-free recipe. Chicken-and-asparagus along with other ingredients make it high in protein and rich in antioxidant which provides you a healthy immunity and can be treated as a healthy high-protein dinner for those who needs a protein dinner.
- 1 & 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 & 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 300 gm chicken tenders, cut into bite-size chunks
- Salt, as per taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small fresh chile, seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1& 1/2 bunches asparagus
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Toast cumin and fennel seeds in a small kadhai over medium heat until it turns brown, about 2 minutes. Finely grind in a grinder.
- Toss chicken with 1 & 1/2 tsp of the spice mixture and 1/4 tsp salt in a bowl. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large nonstick kadhai . Add the chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining 1 tbsp oil, onion, garlic, chile and ginger; cook, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus, sprinkle with the remaining spice mixture and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir the remaining 1/2 tsp salt and simmer for 2 minutes more.
- Serve sprinkled with cilantro.