Starvation or dieting doesn’t boost the metabolism. Each time we eat enzymes in our body breakdown the food and turn it into energy that keeps the heart beating, mind thinking and legs churning during workout. By eating metabolism boosting foods and following the healthy path, here how one can increase the body’s metabolism through these foods.
- Green Tea/ Black Coffee: The brew or coffee beans contains catechins, a type of anti-oxidants that triggers the releases of fat from fat cells and helps speed the liver’s capacity for turning fat into energy. Green tea also contains a plant compound called EGCG that helps in burning fat.
- Nuts & Seeds: Although they do contains calories but they are a rich of essential fatty acids that helps the body raise the metabolism.
- Capsicum: They are derived from hot peppers family only. This family is thermogenic in nature which helps the body to activate the fat oxidation to melt the body fat. Studies had shown that it increases fat oxidation by 42%.
- Egg whites: Egg whites are rich in branched-chain amino acids, which keep your metabolism stoked, says Chicago nutritionist David Grotto, RDN. Eggs are also loaded with protein and vitamin D and are high in biological value.
- Milk: Studies conducted by Michael Zemel, PhD, former director of The Nutrition Institute at the University of Tennessee, suggest that consuming calcium may help your body metabolize fat more efficiently.
- Whole grains: Whole grains or high-fibre breakfast cereals helps us burn more fat as they take extra energy to breakdown to simple carbohydrate in the body.
- Fish: Oily fish are packed with omega-3 fatty acids which can increase your metabolism significantly. Fish oil can increase the levels of fat burning enzymes in your body.
- Poultry: They are rich in iron and iron plays an important role in the flow of oxygen throughout the body which further helps in boosting metabolism and energy production.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals. It is having one compound, Methylhydroxy chalcone polymer (MCHP), which helps increase the sugar metabolism by fat cells.
- Peanut Butter: The monounsaturated fats, proteins, manganese and niacin found in peanut butter boosts a healthy metabolism in the body. But as it is a dense form of nutrition, basically calories, one should consume in moderation.
Start adding these healthy foods in your daily diet to see a healthy result in yourself. But one should consume according to their nutrient requirement.
So let’s join hands together for a healthy life and make a fitness resolution to be fit.